Basic IT Skills Training Course Mansfield
About the Information Day
As we are now fully immersed in the digital age where all information is kept, updated and managed using online systems Futures for Business are proud to be offering a course for learners to up skill themselves in using digital technology.
This course is aimed at IT beginners, for people who have little to no knowledge of using a computer or laptop. The course will help you gain basic knowledge of IT and build confidence on using a computer. Once completing this course you should feel confident using a computer independently.
About our courses
You will be expected to complete a pre-employment training course of:
- City and Guilds Entry Level 3 Award for IT Users
The course will consist of:
- 5 days of IT and computer training.
The course itself will consist of giving learners the basic knowledge of IT including:
- Basic IT skills including logging on and using windows where needed
- Sending and attaching files to email including how to send a professional email for an employment opportunity
- Organising folders and files
- Creating documents building confidence using Microsoft Word
- Using the internet, including advice on registration on various job sites and tips to find the best jobs
- Advice on guidance about being safe online as well as the importance of having a professional social media profile
- Exploring employability soft skills including presentation and attitude
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for three years or more or be a British / EU Citizen, or Individuals or Asylum Seekers with certain types of immigration status *
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) or Income Support **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please note this list is not exclusive. Please contact us for further details on eligibility criteria.
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Book your place
- Call 0115 941 2027
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org