QCF Level 4 - Diploma in Careers Information and Advice
The QCF Level 4 Diploma is one of the new career development qualifications within the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) and to National Occupational Standards, it is equivalent to studying at first year degree level.
The diploma is suitable for individuals who already hold a level 3 qualification and who are working in employability roles in universities, training providers or careers advice providers, such as the National Careers Service.
The course consists of five mandatory units:
- Unit 1 – Preparing for work in the career information, advice and guidance sector
- Unit 2 – Reflecting on practice and continuous professional development
- Unit 3 – Interview clients to determine their need for career information, advice and guidance
- Unit 4 – Meeting the career-related information needs of clients
- Unit 5 – Career choice theories and concepts to support clients
You will also choose from a selection of optional units upon enrolment.
The diploma takes approximately 10 months to complete, including five delivery days, plus directed learning to support the learning.
Want to know more?
Course - QCF Level 6 Upgrade 3 unit - Diploma in Career Guidance and Development
Develop your expertise and upgrade existing qualifications.Read More
Course - QCF Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Advice and Guidance
The ideal first step to a professional qualification for those working in community settings, charitable organisations and government funded schemes.Read More