Functional Skills English Training Course
Functional Skills are the essential skills needed for English, maths and ICT. As well as gaining an accredited qualification which is attractive to employers, this course will enable you to develop skills which you can use in everyday life.
Tuesday 30th July 2019 at 10:00am at Futures Mansfield, 52-54 Westgate, Mansfield, NG18 1RR
About the Information DayWhether you are looking to brush up on your skills, or gain the essential certificates needed to help secure employment, Futures can offer you the chance to increase your skills in English using a range of learning and assessment methods to ensure you reach your full potential. Futures will work with you to design a bespoke English programme to help tackle your areas for development based on a comprehensive assessment. We offer this course from Entry Level 2 to Level 2 (GCSE Equivalent) which is widely recognised by employers and further education providers.
About our Courses
You will be expected to complete a pre-employment training course of:
- City and Guilds Entry Level 3 to Level 2 in Functional Skills English
This intensive course will consist of:
- 4 days per week classroom based training (10.00am to 3.00pm) for 3 weeks.
- A dedicated tutor to help you throughout your course
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you are:
- Aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2018)
- A UK or European Economic Area (EEA) member state citizen and have lived in the UK or EEA Member state for at least the last three years or hold other eligible residency status*
- Unemployed, should be actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR be employed and be able to commit to the course.
*Please contact us for further information regarding residency status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Book your place
- Call 0345 266 9799
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Through our Adult Education Budget contract, we are supporting people in work to develop their English and maths skills, and people actively seeking employment can access pre-employment training and sector specific qualifications through traineeships and Sector Based Work Academies (SBWA). This is fully funded by the European Social Fund.