IT Skills Training Course
Tuesday 7 May 2019 at 10:00am at Grantham Jobcentre Plus, 49A Castlegate, Grantham NG31 6SY
About the Information Day
Having even a basic understanding of Information Technology (IT) can open up a lot more opportunities in the workplace. Futures for Business are proud to be offering a pre-employment training course in order to prepare you for finding sustainable employment and enable you to use ‘Find a job’ - Department for Work and Pensions new job searching tool which has replaced Universal Job Match. We also provide support to encourage independent job searching activity in the digital age. This course will give you the skills needed to understand using IT at work but also the confidence to use IT in your everyday lives; from online shopping to use of social media. All of which can help you to gain the right skills to getting your perfect job.
About our courses
You will be expected to complete a pre-employment training course of:
- City and Guilds Entry Level 3 Award for IT Users
- City and Guilds Entry Level 3 Certificate in Employability
The course will consist of:
- 2 weeks pre-employment training
- Established CV and registration for job alerts on UK most common websites including detailed guidance on how to use ‘Find a job’
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2018)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for three years or more or be a British / EU Citizen, or Individuals or Asylum Seekers with certain types of immigration status *
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) or Income Support
- OR Must be earning under £15,736.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please note this list is not exclusive. Please contact us for further details on eligibility criteria.
Book your place
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org