Poundland Information Day
Date: Monday 24th January
Location: The Hub (3rd floor), 40 Friar Lane, Nottingham, NG1 6DQ
In just over 25 years since their ﬁrst store opened, Poundland continues to be the high street trend-setter and is one of Europe’s biggest and fastest growing value & discount retailer, with many products at the single price of £1.
Poundland has proven that it’s possible to not just survive but thrive on the struggling high street, thanks to their successful retail proposition, ambitious growth strategy and top brands.
Poundland continues to push the boundaries of the discount sector and has created many more customer advocates as a result. Pragma research showed that 50% of UK residents have visited a Poundland store and HIM revealed that 95% of customers would recommend Poundland to friends and family.
Through Futures for Business, our 3 day employability training will not only give candidates the basic understanding of how to apply for the roles, but will also cover CV updating and matching candidate skills to the required attributes in the job role. With a supportive tutor on hand to guide candidates through the application process, they will enhance their knowledge in the following areas:
- Preparing for work – to include skills matching and identifying job requirements
- Effective communication – looking at the importance of communicating effectively
- Applying for a job – candidates will have the opportunity to create/update/improve their CVs as well as following the application process to ensure their application stands out for the right reasons
At the end of the course, all learners will gain fully accredited qualifications through City and Guilds:
- Level 1 Award in Employability
This qualification can then be added to CVs and used to apply for further training and development employment opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the training course all candidates will be offered a guaranteed interview for a Sales Assistant roles available within the new Riverside Retail Park store in Nottingham.
The course itself will last for 3 days with training each day taking place between the hours of 09:30 and 16:00.
In order to gain access to the following SWAP opportunity, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2021)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR Must be earning under £17,374.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please contact us for further details for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Wednesday 26th January - Friday 28th January
Interviews: w/c Monday 31st January
Start Date: Within one week of interview
To book your place, or if you would like to discuss any questions or queries you may have, please email email@example.com