SIA Security Information Day Nottingham
- When: 25 February 2020
- Starting: 10:00
- Ending: 12:30
- Where: Futures Nottingham, The Hub, 40 Friar Lane, Third Floor, Nottingham, NG16DQ
About the Information Day
Futures for Business are proud to be working in conjunction with Premier Security 247 UK LTD in order to help support their recruitment for various security roles, predominantly positions at East Midlands Airport. Premier Security 247 UK LTD provide specialist security services to industrial and commercial clients across the whole of the East Midlands. The course offer candidate the opportunity to gain a Level 2 Certificate working within the private security industry and upon successful completion of the full course a fully funded SIA badge necessary for the job roles.
This information day will consist of:
- A 30 minute presentation including an explanation of who we are, an overview of the qualifications and the course timetable.
- A chance for you to visit our centre and see where all our courses take place.
- The opportunity to ask any questions and gain professional Information, Advice and Guidance on your suitability for the course.
- Short initial assessment in maths, English and IT to ensure you are going onto the right level qualification.
This session is an opportunity for you to find out about the course and register your interest. It will last approximately 2 hours so please allow time for this, if you have any issues with timings please call to let us know and discuss this with you future.
About the course
Course start date: Tuesday 27th Febuary 2020
Course duration: 20 days
Qualifications: City & Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Employability, City& Guilds Level 1 Certificate in Customer Service, Level 2 Certificate working within the private security industry
Futures for Business are working in partnership with Premier Security 247 UK LTD to offer candidates a chance to upskill themselves by completing a full-time four week training course. They will gain a good understanding of the importance of providing excellent customer service by showing how to both represent themselves and the organization to members of the public. In addition to this they will complete security training and, if successful, receive an SIA badge which will be fully funded by Futures for Business.
The course will cover key topics such as:
- The importance of appearance and behaviour in customer service
- Communicating effectively with customers Working in customer service
- Recording and communicating customer problems
- Going above and beyond within customer service
- CV best practice
- Interview techniques
- Working within the Private Security Industry
- Working as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry
- Conflict Management within the Private Security Industry
All learners who successfully complete ALL qualifications will receive a free SIA badge and a the opportunity to have a guaranteed interview with Premier Security 247 UK LTD. Please note that individuals will need to complete section 1 of the SIA workbook in their own time prior to week 4 of delivery, which will be provided by Futures for Business at the beginning of the course. Individuals will also need to be able to provide the following evidence and resources:
- Birth certificate (full and short certificate are accepted)
- 1 additional form of ID: either driving licence, citizenship card or passport
- 2 proofs of current address
- 5 year work history (including benefits) – please note that there can be no break in employment of longer than 28 days
- Character reference – cannot be from the same address
Enhanced DBS check will be required. If individuals possess a criminal record, they subject to risk assessment completed by the employer. Each case will be examined at it’s own merit.
Meet the trainer
I have worked for Futures for the last year and really enjoy my job, I’m part of a fantastic team and together we make the learning experience unforgettable. I have recently been involved with a Family Learning project which involved me engaging with a diverse range of people out in the community - this was great fun and has enabled me to have a really good understanding of the different ways people like to learn. I am lucky enough that my role has now moved back into the classroom, where I can inspire, motivate and enthuse others to achieve their goals and reach their potential, enabling them to go on and secure sustainable employment in their desired sector. In my spare time I like walking my dog (more in the summer than the winter) and exploring new places.
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for three years or more or be a British / EU Citizen, or Individuals or Asylum Seekers with certain types of immigration status *
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) or Income Support **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
*Please note this list is not exclusive. Please contact us for further details on eligibility criteria.
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Book your place
- Call 0115 941 2027
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email email@example.com