The University of Nottingham Recruitment Day Nottingham
- When: 21 January 2020
- Starting: 10:00
- Ending: 12:30
- Where: University of Nottingham, University Park Campus, Nottingham, NG7 2RD
About the Information Day
The University of Nottingham are recruiting for Housekeeping Assistants within their university campus. The roles will be primarily based within the main university site and will include the cleaning of bedrooms and public areas to a high standard, whilst providing excellent customer service at all times. Full training will be given and previous cleaning experience is not essential.
The information day will consist of:
- A 30 minute presentation including an explanation of who we are, an overview of the qualification/s and the course timetable.
- A chance for you to visit our centre and meet the Employers.
- The opportunity to ask any questions and gain professional Information, Advice and Guidance on your suitability for the course.
- Short initial assessments in maths and English to ensure you are going onto the right level qualification.
This session is an opportunity for you to find out about the course and register your interest. It will last approximately 2 hours so please allow time for this, if you have any prior commitments then please let us know in advance.
About our courses
Course start date: Thursday 28th January 2020
Course duration: 13 days
Work Experience: Number of day TBC, to be help at The University of Nottingham.
Qualifications: City & Guilds Level 1 in Customer Service & City & Guilds Level 1 in Employability
Futures for Business are proud to be working with The University of Nottingham in order to offer the residents of Nottingham and the East Midlands a chance to upskill themselves by completing 13 days of training split over three weeks course where they will develop the core skills required in Customer Service in order to offer the residents, staff and guests of The University of Nottingham the level of service that is expected.
Through this short course, learners will gain an understanding of key topics including:
- Through this short course, learners will gain an understanding of key topics including:
- The importance of appearance and behaviour in customer service
- Communicating effectively with customers
- Working in customer service
- Applying legislation, regulation and organisational procedures for customer service
- Recording and communicating customer problems
- Going above and beyond within customer service
All learners who successfully complete the programme will be offered a guaranteed interview for the position of Housekeeping Assistant. If successful, candidates will be offered a position subject to the completion of The University of Nottingham’s application form and employment checks.
Meet the trainer
I am a tutor focused on quality and am passionate about engagement, outcomes and enjoyment; I truly see teaching as an opportunity to make a difference to the lives of my learners. I teach Customer Service, Business Administration and Employability and have been working in similar roles for approximately 7 and a half years, having been doing this with Futures since August 2018. When I am not at work I am usually busy playing badminton (my football days are long gone), walking in the Peak District or trying to work out yet more ways to fit plants into my apartment.
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
* Please contact us for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Book your place
- Call 0345 266 9799
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org