Early Years Apprentice
As an Early Years Apprentice you will be required to work as part of our small friendly team.
|Employer||Wollaton Day Nursery|
|Weekly working hours||Monday- Friday (40 hours a week)|
|Salary||£200 per week|
|Closing Date||7 July, 2022 at 17:00|
About the employer
Wollaton Day Nursery
Wollaton Day Nursery specialises in childcare in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas. Our aim is to provide a secure and happy environment for your child which will enable them to develop to their full potential. Wollaton Day Nursery is part of the family owned, Wollaton Village Day Nurseries Ltd group. The nursery was registered in 1994 and is situated in the Wollaton area of Nottingham. It is a self-contained building.
About the role:
- Assisting staff to ensure children’s individual needs are met and care routines are carried out. Such as nappy changing, washing hands, cleaning faces, supporting with potty and toilet training.
- Taking part in fun, engaging activities, to enhance & support children’s development.
- Interacting positively with children, parents, visitors and other staff members
- Supporting with ideas for activities & planning. Creating displays
- Carrying out domestic duties to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- Meeting and greeting of children and parents
- Assisting children at mealtimes and preparing a hygienic environment
- Help to provide children with stimulating activities that relate to their interests and which promote development.
- Preparing crafts and activities and helping to create a warm, safe and positive environment.
- To work with experienced staff using them as a positive role models
- Ensuring children are within a safe, caring environment following the safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Keeping accurate records in line with nursery policies (with support & supervision)
- To be a positive role model for children
- To attend regular classes once a month in our hub in Nottingham City Centre for support with your written work.
We are looking for a caring person who enjoys playing with children & encouraging them to learn through play. Somebody who will help them to try new things, to comfort them when they hurt their knees and make them laugh whilst playing peek a boo.
We are looking for somebody who doesn’t mind getting messy, who loves to look at books with children, to play games and will have a positive outlook and show enthusiasm.