IT Technician Apprentice
Looking for a career in IT, with on-the-job training and a clear path to future opportunities?
|Apprenticeship||IT Application Specialist Level 2 (possibility of level 3)|
|Weekly working hours||39 hours per week - Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 17:00 and Friday 8:00 – 14:00|
|Salary||£175-£195 per week|
|Closing Date||31 December, 2018 at 17:00|
About the employer
Impact apprenticeships currently have an opening for an IT Technician Apprentice, who will be responsible for all of the IT requirements of the business.
Imapct apprenticeships is based in Rearsby, Leicestershire with limited public transport links. It is therefore essential that you are able to travel to work under your own steam.
This role is suitable for someone who has GCSE Grades A*-C in English, maths and IT, as well as an A-Level or BTEC in IT or related subject. You will need to demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for all things IT, as well as an eagerness to learn and develop new skills.
We are searching for a problem solver, with good communication skills and attention to detail. In addition to this, you must be polite, courteous, with an approachable demeanour, and flexible approach to your workload.
There will be some freedom within the role, so you must be able to make decisions when presented with them, as well as taking responsibility for the outcome of those choices.
Your main duties will include:
- Making sure staff workstations meet company standards, with the correct software installed.
- Communicating with external suppliers to address issues with computers, printers, network, phone systems, etc.
- Keeping a log of technical faults and identifying reoccurring issues
- Checking backup logs
- Staying up to date with basic network infrastructure in case on onsite difficulty and liaising with support (including cabling, switches, routers and servers)
- Maintaining external equipment for TSMs such as laptops, printers and mobiles
- Maintaining up-to-date infrastructure of ECF network setup/desk layout/computer maps
- Setting up new employees with basic requirements and installations as required, including email address, computer/laptop, monitor, phone/headset and mobile phones
Impacts employer is Based in Rearsby, Leicestershire