An exciting opportunity at Netherfield School
|Employer||Netherfield Primary School|
|Apprenticeship||Customer Service Level 2|
|Weekly working hours||37 hours per week 8am-4pm (3.30pm Fridays)|
|Closing Date||15 December, 2018 at 17:00|
|Other details||This apprenticeship is working Term Time Only|
About the employer
Netherfield Primary School are recruiting an Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator. Netherfield Primary School have a warm friendly family environment.
The successful candidate, whilst working for the school, will complete a work based Level 2 Customer Service course with Futures For Business. The Apprenticeship is designed to equip participants with the fundamentals required to work in any reception/business environment. The post holder will be supported by assessors who have gained many years of experience and who can truly support learners in developing the skills and knowledge required to develop a career.
The following represent some of the key duties and responsibilities that the post holder will carry out. It is not intended as an exhaustive list as there will be others, which become apparent and lead on from the areas indicated below.
- To be the first point of contact to all visitors to school.
- To provide support to school by performing routine administrative tasks including photocopying, filing, routine data input including updating pupil records
- To deal with enquiries in the telephone, via email and at Reception
Duties and responsibilities
- GCSE's grade A-C in English and maths
- Monitor and amend registers for children arriving late to school
- Support office staff producing and manipulating reports. E.g.; dinner money reports
- Typing letters and documents, using Microsoft Office packages such Word and Excel
- Coordinating meetings with outside agencies, collating minutes of meetings
- Receive and process incoming and outgoing mail
- Undertake cash collection duties including simple recording, as required
- Collect and process attendance data, supporting the Home/School Liaison Team.
- Report any causes for concern relating the safety and welfare of children to the designated Safeguarding Officer
- Attend safeguarding training as required by the school, maintain knowledge and understanding of duties and responsibilities
- Maintain electronic and manual records including pupil records
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality in line with GDPR legislation
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded within the duties of the post
- Be willing to train as required
To be considered for this position you will have:
- The ability to establish and maintain relationships with external stakeholders
- Excellent IT skills with excel and word
- The ability to work under pressure
- Good level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication written and oral
- Understand the need for safeguarding children
- Good attendance record
- Experience with dealing with the public
- DBS check required
An apprenticeship offers an excellent future prospect in gaining employment.
Netherfield Primary School
At Netherfield Primary School we understand that children learn best when they are happy
We believe that children thrive in a nurturing environment of kindness and respect and so our staff are committed to putting the wellbeing of children first.
You might also be interested in...
Customer Service Apprentice
Can you offer 'Premier' service?
EMPLOYER: Mahal Premier
SALARY: NMW for Apprentices