An exciting opportunity to join Ashfield District Council
|Employer||Ashfield District Council|
|Apprenticeship||Association of Accounting Technicians (L2/L3)|
|Weekly working hours||37 hours per week|
|Salary||NMW for age|
|Location||Sutton in Ashfield|
|Closing Date||24 February, 2019 at 17:00|
|Other details||Please note that applications for our apprenticeships are restricted to residents of the Ashfield and Mansfield districts. To apply, please visit: www.mansfieldandashfieldjobs.co.uk|
About the employer
To apply, please visit: www.mansfieldandashfieldjobs.co.uk
This apprenticeship is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual wanting to develop a career in Accountancy and Finance within Local Government.
You will gain a broad understanding of Local Government Accounting, and provide basic support to Accountants and Principal Accountants in the Corporate Finance section. Whilst in post, you will be supported in undertaking the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification.
Please note that your application and personal details will be shared with the training provider for the purposes of shortlisting and selection.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
- To provide basic support to the Accountants and Principal Accountants in financial tasks as directed by them
- To assist in the processing and control of creditors including liaising with suppliers and other Council Services
- To provide basic support to the Accountant and Accounting Assistants in the operation of the purchase-ordering and creditors system
- To obtain a broad understanding of Local Government Accounting
- To become familiar with the various finance systems and procedures operating within the Council.
- To gain an awareness of the financial regulations governing Council operations
- To undertake the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification
- Operate according to the Council's corporate values, code of conduct and employee competencies
- Have a commitment to and understanding of the Council's approach to equality and diversity
- Comply with all relevant Council policies and procedures including financial regulation HR
To be considered for this role you will have:
- GCSE grades A*-C or equivalent, specifically Maths, English and ICT essential
- Good teamworking skills
- Ability to undergo change and learning and improvement
- Good communication skills
- Good with technology and computer packages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well organised
Salary: National Minimum Wage (starting at the 18-20 age bracket regardless of age, however, this post is not age restricted.)
The duration of this apprenticeship will be 18 months.
Ashfield District Council
Ashfield District Council is an ambitious and enterprising council committed to maintaining and improving services in challenging financial times. Focused on our residents’ needs and a desire to help shape a positive future for our District, we are improving our performance to ensure we provide value for money. The Council is on a positive journey and over the past five years the Council has successfully improved performance year on year.