Apprentice Office Administrator
An exciting opportunity to join the team at Infinite Audio Visual
|Employer||Infinite Audio Visual|
|Apprenticeship||Business Admin Level 3|
|Weekly working hours||37.5|
|Salary||£187.50 per week|
|Closing Date||4 March, 2019 at 17:00|
|Other details||Please note that the office is moving to Mansfield Woodhouse in the coming months so you must be able to travel to that location Pay Review after 6 months and on completion of apprenticeship, with opportunity to increase.|
About the employer
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out a variety of administrative tasks within the office in order to support the day-to-day operations of the company.
We’re a small office that works closely together, we’re able socialise within the office environment (and sometimes outside of the office) but we work in an environment that is very fast-paced and constantly changing meaning that the individual would need to be able to respond to enquiries quickly, adapt to changes, prioritise workload etc and although we do work well as a team it can sometimes be quite a quiet, focussed and individually driven environment as the situation demands.
Our ideal applicant will have ‘can do’ attitude and positive outlook, they won’t just be willing to learn they’ll be motivated to succeed with a clear desire to achieve. They should be able to get on with tasks without being asked and after some experience/training/coaching, should be able to make informed decisions and judgement calls based on information at hand, previous experience etc without needing constant supervision.
- Answering the telephone and responding to e-mail enquiries
- Meeting and greeting clients and customers
- General reception duties
- Logging work orders received into the case management system.
- Updating the case management system as required
- Adding outstanding cases to the job planning board.
- Updating the shared google calendar
- Ordering parts and materials from suppliers as directed.
- Making telephone calls to suppliers, customers and engineers
- Making travel arrangements (predominantly hotels, occasionally trains/flights etc)
- Reviewing/processing expense claims.
- Booking training courses as required and checking staff certifications are up to date.
- Assisting with driving licence checks and vehicle checks.
- General office tasks – keeping areas clean, tidy and organised, photocopying, shredding, printing, filing etc
- Dealing with invoices
- GCSE A to C in English or equivalent desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate (experience with Microsoft Office essential)
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Confidence dealing with people
- Good team player, but also able to use own initiative.
- Able to get on with tasks without being asked and without requiring constant supervision.
Personal Qualities: -
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and succeed
- Motivated and driven
- Hard working
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Business Administration L3 Apprenticeship (City & Guilds)
- Health and Safety Induction (Internal, ROSPA approved)
- Manual Handling (Internal, ROSPA approved)
- Slips, Trips and Falls (Internal, ROSPA approved)
- Fire Safety (Internal, ROSPA approved)
- Display Screen Equipment (Internal, ROSPA approved)There may be opportunities for further training/qualifications in the future.
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday
- 3 x Additional Holidays over Christmas (to provide one week off over Christmas when added to the bank holidays)
- We will provide a long-time role with opportunities to progress within an expanding company for the right candidate.
Apprenticeships give you fantastic experience in the working world and show employers that you can ‘hit the ground running’. Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
Infinite Audio Visual
Based in Nottinghamshire, at the heart of the East Midlands, Infinite AV Ltd is a specialist in the supply, installation and maintenance of high-quality Sound, Vision, Lighting and CCTV equipment. We are a small-business, but we operate on a Nationwide scale in order to provide full coverage to the UK within various sectors and our current and previous clientele includes schools, pubs/bars, nightclubs, restaurants, leisure/holiday parks etc.