Apprentice Business Administrator
Futures for Business Apprenticeships are seeking a confident and enthusiastic individual to work as an administrator in a busy surgery in Coalville, Leicestershire.
|Employer||Futures for Business|
|Apprenticeship||Business Administration level 2|
|Weekly working hours||37.5 Hours - Mon-Fri between 8am and 6.30pm (shift patterns)|
|Salary||£150.00 per week|
|Closing Date||19 March, 2019 at 17:00|
|Other details||You will be dealing with patients so will need a sensitive approach and a desire to help. You may also be required to work shifts.|
About the employer
Futures for Business Apprenticeships are seeking a confident and enthusiastic individual to work as an administrator in a busy surgery in Coalville, Leicestershire. This varied support role will involve many different tasks and duties as well as undergoing training in all aspects of the Surgery’s busy day. You will support the team in ensuring all the day to day tasks are completed promptly and accurately and that excellent customer service is provided at all times.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a keen interest in administration, and for someone who would like to start their career within the NHS. Main duties will include:
- General office duties – filing, scanning, photocopying and emailing
- Working with Excel spreadsheets
- Uploading information to the clinical database
- Filing and recording information accurately
- Dealing with highly confidential information and being aware of data protection principles
- Communicating effectively with all staff across the practice
- Answering the telephone and dealing with patients
- Covering the reception desk and providing face to face support for patients
You will have the following skills required:
- Ability to work in a team and alone when required
- 4 GCSEs grade A* - C (or equivalent), particularly in English
- Good attention to detail and an organised approach
- Good standard of IT skills and knowledge of excel/spreadsheets
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident telephone manner (training will be given)
You will have the following personal qualities:
- Discretion and a knowledge of confidentiality
- Polite and friendly, warm and understanding
- Treat people with dignity and respect at all times
- Ability to take instruction and work to deadlines
- Confidence to work with general public
- Flexible, reliable and honest
- Professional approach to work
- Able to cope under pressure
- A good team player
The successful candidate will gain valuable experience and a level 2 qualification and there may be the possibility of a role with the surgery at the end of the apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships give you fantastic experience in the working world and show employers that you can ‘hit the ground running’. Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
Futures for Business
Long Lane surgery have many years’ experience of working with and nurturing apprentices and many still work for the surgery now. Long Lane look after their staff and offer a chance to progress in your career as well as gaining a recognised qualification. Long Lane Surgery are proud to offer the highest standards in patient care.