An exciting opportunity to join the admin team at The Becket School!
|Employer||The Becket School|
|Apprenticeship||Customer Service Level 2|
|Weekly working hours||33.75 - Part time, term time only (occasional work in the school holidays may be required)|
|Salary||£4.50 per hour|
|Closing Date||12 July, 2019 at 17:00|
|Other details||There may be possibility of there being a permanent role after the apprenticeship. The Becket School are looking for someone to start as soon as possible!|
About the employer
The Becket School is part of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust. Required from June 2019, an enthusiastic and organised individual to provide administrative support to the school. This role requires being the main point of contact for the school on a busy reception, answering telephone calls and directing them efficiently, assist the students and staff with their queries, assisting with admin tasks.
We are a welcoming and inclusive school and are happy to accept applications for those of all faiths and none who are supportive of the school’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Futures are recruiting for an apprentice who can start immediately to work as part of the admin team with the responsibility of being the main point of contact for the school. Dealing with all visitors to the school in a professional, welcoming manner and answering, managing and directing all telephone calls to the school efficiently.
You will also provide admin assistance to the admin team as and when required. You will be able to cover a wide range of work roles which is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills!
Duties will include:
- To be based on the main school reception, ensuring all visitors are signed in and out as appropriate
- To assist at the schools main student services dealing with pupil and staff queries
- To administer the lunch time dinner cards, keeping a daily log and communicating to parents/carers via our school to home communication system.
- Assist with administering the schools detention system on a daily basis, communicating sanction with parents/carers via our school to home communication system.
- To answer, manage and direct all telephone calls to the school efficiently and effectively.
- To maintain and update notices, message and displays in the main reception
- Dealing with challenging callers and visitors' to the school and the handling of external complaints.
- To phone parents and carers to communicate messages from school
- Signing for deliveries/collections
- to provide assistance with the distribution of the mail received into school
You will need:
- 5 GCSEs including a minimum of GCSE (or equivalent) Grace C in maths and English
- Commitment in continuing professional development
- Good ICT Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisation and neg skills
- Knowledge of school admin systems
You will have the following personal attributes:
- Willingness to support Catholic life in schools
- Professional, friendly and approachable and able to relate well to staff, students and visitors
- Excellent telephone manor
- Able to adapt and changing circumstances and new ideas
- Attention to detail
- Have a can-do attitude
- Have an understanding of responsibilities of the Trust and schools in ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
Apprenticeships give you fantastic experience in the working world and show employers that you can ‘hit the ground running’. Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
The Becket School
The Becket is a Catholic school. Our mission is to work in partnership with parents and carers to provide an outstanding Catholic education for all our young people. This means:
- inspiring and motivating young people to achieve their full potential academically, spiritually, socially and in a full range of extra-curricular activities
- helping young people to grow in the love and knowledge of Jesus Christ
- developing in young people a deep knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith
- practising Gospel values, such as forgiveness and helping those in need, within our school community and in society as a whole.