Apprentice Teaching Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join the The Trinity School in Aspley as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant!
|Employer||The Trinity School|
|Weekly working hours||32.5 Hours per week, 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday – Friday, Term-time only.|
|Salary||£146.25 per week|
|Closing Date||24 January, 2020 at 17:00|
|Other details||Must be confident working with young people with SEND|
About the employer
To work under the direction of the SENCO, to support teaching and learning usually within the classroom to maximise the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school.
Working to encourage pupils to become more independent learners and help to raise achievement and attainment for all pupils.
- Support pupils’ learning activities for children with additional learning needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals and small groups by using effective communication to enable them to access the curriculum.
- Contribute to the management of pupil behaviour by encouraging positive behaviour in the classroom.
Support the pupil by:
- Undertaking learning activities with either individuals or groups of children to ensure their safety and facilitate their physical, emotional and educational development.
- Carrying out pre-determined educational activities and work programmes whilst promoting independent learning.
- Working to establish a supportive relationship with the children and parents concerned.
- Encouraging acceptance and inclusion of the child with special needs, while promoting and reinforcing the child’s self-esteem.
Support the Teacher by:
- Providing support for learning activities by monitoring the effectiveness of activities in promoting pupils’ learning and modifying these where necessary.
- Keeping records of the children’s development as required by the school.
- Providing general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom and on educational visits.
Support the school by:
- Demonstrating a willingness to keep up to date with professional practices by maintaining an understanding of the requirements of the role.
- Being aware of school’s policies and procedures.
- Being aware of confidential issues linked to home/pupil/teacher/school work and to keep confidences as appropriate.
- Undertaking any other curriculum duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post.
- Performing any task or duty under the reasonable direction of the Lead Teaching Assistant or a member of the School’s Senior Leadership Team.
Ideally A - C in GCSE Maths and English.
If this is something that appeals to you - please apply now!
By applying for this vacancy, you have given your consent to share your information with the employer on this advert.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, if we have not replied within 7 working days, please assume you have been unsuccessful.
Apprenticeships give you fantastic experience in the working world and show employers that you can ‘hit the ground running’. Hands-on training gives you a real chance to put your skills into practice and helps you to gain more confidence in a working environment.
The Trinity School
This CMAT is one of four created across the Diocese of Nottingham as part of a visionary approach to Catholic education across the Diocese. The Our Lady of Lourdes CMAT brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire.