Home Help Team Member
Help out people in the community whilst learning some great life skills!
|Employer||Locally We Do
80 Nightingale Rd, Allenton, Derby
|Weekly working hours||Zero hour - Flexible Shifts|
|Salary||£9.35 per hour + £0.45 per mile|
|Closing Date||1 December, 2021 at 17:00|
About the employer
Locally We Do
Locally We Do is an established, family-run organisation, providing assisted living services to vulnerable people, such as the elderly and disabled, throughout Derby, Nottingham and Leicester.
Responsible for cleaning, health and hygiene duties on/at client properties that the owners require completing (as instructed by Locally We Do... Ltd management), such as tasks involving every aspect of housekeeping to include but not limited to:
Dusting, hoovering, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning the bathroom, floor cleaning, dealing with laundry from start to finish, ironing, spring and deep cleaning, window cleaning inside and out, oven cleaning, shopping and putting the shopping away, putting the waste and bins out and in, going for walks with clients or taking them in the car to the shops or post office etc., befriending, dog walking.
- Cleaning, washing, dusting, vacuuming of all rooms in the property, including windows (internal and external)
- Bathroom and kitchen cleaning, washing –including appliances, fittings and fixtures
- Laundry sorting, washing, ironing, folding, stowing
- Shopping, including storing items as directed
- Walking/accompanying clients and supervising their safety –act as point of contact for emergencies
- Oven cleaning, degreasing, washing and ensuring it functions adequately afterwards
- Food preparation, after checking all ingredients are in date and ensuring allergy information is observed
- Packaging and storing prepared food safely and adequately after labelling and dating with the date of preparation and the date of expiry –this should be the date the earliest used product expires but no more than 2 days for cooked food and 1 day for cold prepared food.
- Logging damage to client property and sending photos and information to head office
- Operating various appliances and conducting pre use inspections –documented where necessary
- Reporting to head office upon arrival and departing client sites
- Completing reports on state of premises and client condition as requested and at the end of each relevant shift
- Ordering home delivered shopping & other goods the client instructs, with pre-approval from LWD each time
- Qualification level (basic education).
- Self-starter, resourceful, flexible, responsive, detail oriented and possess a good work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both verbal and written.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate teamwork and customer liaison capabilities. Have good problem solving skills both operational and technical. Be dynamic, hands on, flexible and understand the needs of the business and our customer’s demands.