Applications Administrator at YMCA
Level 3 Business Administrator
|Weekly working hours||37.5 hours, Monday-Friday 9-5|
|Closing Date||30 September, 2021 at 17:00|
|Other details||Benefits are Westfields health, pension, and a free gym membership at YMCA after probation period|
About the employer
In 1871, a group of friends made it their mission set up a local YMCA branch in Nottinghamshire – all these years later we are still here, supporting the community and growing to support even more young people! Based on Christian core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility – we are an autonomous regional charity devoted to promoting youth development, healthy living and social responsibility for all. Through our varied range of frontline services across the region, every programme delivered by Nottinghamshire YMCA strives to improve the mind, body and spirit of our community. Whilst each YMCA branch is autonomous, we are proud to be part of a charity movement which supports young people both on a national and international level.
• To assist in the smooth and efficient administration of Nottinghamshire YMCA’s Business Resource Centre (BRC) by providing a high quality administration and reception service
• To be responsible for answering the phone switchboard and providing a professional and friendly service for all our customers
• To support the development of an organisational culture that puts our Christian Core Values - Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility - at the centre of all we do.
1. To answer Nottinghamshire YMCA’s busy telephone switchboard and deal with calls appropriately, including screening calls for managers, forwarding calls and/or answering telephone enquiries from both internal and external customers.
2. To provide high quality customer service over the telephone, electronically and face to face.
3. To process Housing applications and book assessment appointments on the assessment calendar.
4. To assist staff with administrative duties including but not limited to Housing projects, Children’s Services Holiday Camp and Out of School bookings, Newark and Sherwood Activity Village bookings, scanning, photocopying, taking messages, filing, taking payments, ordering stationery, booking appointments, booking and arranging meeting rooms.
5. To handle day to day correspondence, e-mail and telephone calls including sending out letters, e-mails and other information.
6. To assist in the monitoring and collection of rents.
7. To input customer data and ensure accurate and efficient data management of client databases.
8. To use the on line housing system to monitor and update residents information and provide reports if requested.
9. To take responsibility for sorting and distributing incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail, including the co-ordination of large mail-outs when required.
10. To train and support colleagues, temporary workers, apprentices and trainees to ensure their proficiency in administrative duties.
Requirements and prospects
Ability to work quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to handle interruptions professionally and maintain concentration.
Ability to demonstrate exceptional communication skills verbally and in writing.
Ability to work as part of a team while also able to work with minimum supervision.
Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and time management skills.
Ability to manage own workload and prioritise accordingly.
Ability to understand and work effectively with a diverse customer base.
Excellent IT skills and the ability to pick up new software packages with ease.
Ability to support the Christian core values of the Association.
Ability to handle stressful situations and possible conflict
GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above