If you like a hands on job with a mix of physical and mental tasks, then this job is for you. This vacancy comes with many responsibilities and will need a trustworthy person to full fill the role.
|Weekly working hours||40 Hours 0700-1500 or 0730-1530|
|Salary||£9.08 Per Hour|
|Closing Date||30 September, 2021 at 17:00|
|Other details||These vacancies are open to applicants who are currently not working through the Well For Work fully funded ESF project. The project is run by Futures and its partners with the aim of supporting unemployed people into sustainable employment.|
About the employer
Founded in 1987, we are the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company.
Our premise is simple: we work to deliver the exceptional, every day.
Across the country, our 77,500 people look after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and critical government strategic assets.
We take care of our customers’ people and buildings, by delivering the basics brilliantly and deploying advanced technology.
We are pioneering the Connected Workspace, using smart analytics to provide valuable insight and deliver efficiencies to create outstanding work environments for customers.
We are ambitious for the future of the FM industry, our customers and our employees.
· Customer focused approach
· Reliable and responsible attitude
· Flexible approach to daily tasks and adhoc duties
· Able to communicate with client and Mitie colleagues
· Ability to work alone and as part of the wider Mitie Team
· Job is hands on, it can be physical and can involve working in adverse weather
· Basic computer skills
· Forklift licence capability essential but training can be provided
· Literacy and numerical skills are essential
· A Full clean Driving licence
· Ability to organise
Some duties include:
- Ensuring all correct and in date paperwork is always in place
- Booking third party supplier collection service
- Liaise with the office to inform of non-conformities
- Be able to build relationships with sub-contractors coming to site also those organising visits
- Driving a forklift and waste vehicles when applicable
- Manning of waste compound Etc.
Any candidate will need to be able to evidence 5 years of employment history and justify any gaps (if on job seeker evidence must be supplied). They must be able to provide copies of photo ID and proof of address (bank statement/utility bill etc) and submit themselves to a basic DBS check.