Delivery Driver (FULL TIME AND PART TIME ROLES AVAILABLE)
Various shifts available to suit your needs!
|Vacancy type||Job: Full - Time|
|Weekly working hours||Various shifts available to suit your needs|
|Salary||£10 per hour|
All stores throughout Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire
|Closing Date||2 May, 2022 at 17:00|
|Other details||No more than 3 points on your licence|
About the employer
There’s no other business quite like Iceland. No frills. No fuss. Lots of fun. Very down to earth. And big on personality and getting things done.
The pace here is lightning quick. We value our colleagues. And together we work hard, challenge the norm and go the extra mile to make our customers happy. That’s what it’s like to work here every day. Iceland isn’t for everyone. It can be challenging and the pressure can be on. But if you’re friendly, customer focused and always positive, Iceland is for you!
This vacancy is open to applicants who are currently not working in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Way2Work is a fully funded ESF project run by Futures and its partners with the aim of supporting unemployed people into sustainable employment.
About the Job
THERE ARE A VARIETY OF SHIFTS AVAILBLE, BOTH FULL TIME AND PART TIME, TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS. WE ARE RECRUITING FOR ALL STORES THROUGHOUT NOTTINGHAMSHIRE AND DERBYSHIRE.
Your day will start with you getting up-to-speed with things with your Store Manager. With your schedule, you’ll check and load your orders. You’ll drive around your local community in all weathers following your sat nav and delivering orders safely. You’ll put a big smile on customers’ faces by providing a brilliant experience and dropping off their shopping at their home within their delivery slot.
We’ve 2,900+ Home Delivery Drivers across the UK. And they will tell you that no two days are the same. They find it very rewarding making lots of different customers happy and providing a quick and polite home shopping service. Not everybody can get out to one of our stores. We provide a vital local service.
Responsibilities will include:
- Know the best-selling lines and key products to improve sales
- Let the customers know about our products and services
- Make sure that as many delivery slots as possible are available to choose from
Giving great service
- Talk really well about our products with customers
- Serve our customers quickly and politely on their doorstep
- Deliver for our customers the best quality products in full and on time
- Inform our customers of any products that were not available and provide a content note for all Online Deliveries
- Ensure all customers sign the Driver Mobile to confirm receipt of their delivery
- Use our vans, Driver Mobile and other van equipment in the most accurate and efficient way
- Follow the company procedures for stock and property to make sure we don’t lose any money through damage
- Make sure that the van is as clean as possible using the right products
- Always show courtesy when dealing with customers and visitors
- Deal with customers in ways that meets their needs
- Help others to get the job done and communicate respectfully with other team members
- Embrace and implement training and business initiatives in store
- Get involved in my areas activities when required
- Support across all areas and activities within store
We’re Iceland. Our world is fast-paced and things change here all the time. So, you’ll need to be positive, be hard working and be hands-on as you help to load your van. You should also enjoy working as part of a team. It’s a real team effort here. Sometimes you’ll find yourself helping out your store team and joining in to help prepare your orders.
If you’re self-motivated, care about customer service and are a good driver with no more than three points on your licence, you can look forward to fantastic training, a 10% discount card and prizes for great customer feedback. As we deliver 8am-10pm, 7 days a week, you’ll also need a flexible approach. You can work full or part-time between 7.5 hours and 37.5 hours a week with typical shifts ranging between 4-8 hours.
You might also be interested in...
Mobiskip Waste Management Business - Be a part of a fast growing company if you have an open attitude…
SALARY: £19,100.00-£29,000.00 per year