Business Administration Information Day Nottingham
- When: 7 January 2020
- Starting: 10:00
- Ending: 12:30
- Where: Futures Nottingham, The Hub, 40 Friar Lane, Third floor, Nottigham, NG1 6DQ
About the Information Day
Business Administration is one of the key skills and competencies that are required in any modern office environment. Futures for Business are proud to be offering a pre-employment training course in order to improve your administration skills and increase your chance of gaining sustainable employment. This course will focus on creating business documents to a high standard, using various office equipment and using computer packages to meet business needs.
The information day will consist of:
- A 30 minute presentation including an explanation of who we are, an overview of the qualification/s and the course timetable.
- A chance for you to visit our centre and see where all of our courses take place.
- The opportunity to ask any questions and gain professional Information, Advice and Guidance on your suitability for the course.
- Short initial assessments in maths and English to ensure you are going onto the right level qualification.
This session is an opportunity for you to find out about the course and register your interest. It will last approximately 2 hours so please allow time for this, if you have any prior commitments then please let us know in advance.
About our courses
Course start date: Thursday 9th January 2020
Course duration: 6 days
Qualifications: City & Guilds Level 1 in Business and Administration & City & Guilds Level 1 in Employability
Through this short course, learners will gain an understanding of key topics including:
- Using various office equipment such as a printer, scanner and shredder as well as using computer packages such as Microsoft Word.
- Creating business documents such as letters, templates and invoices. You will also have the opportunity to gain experience taking minutes.
- Identifying communication styles used in business documents and putting these into practice.
- Welcoming visitors: using appropriate communication, making the visitor feel welcome and following company procedures.
- Handling mail: recognising different types of mail, identifying postal charges and understanding the connection between mail handling and confidentiality.
Meet the trainer
I really enjoy my job and most of the time you’ll hear my laughter around the centre. I have worked as a Pre-Employment Vocational Coach for Futures for about 18 months and within that time have supported so many amazing people into both further training and employment. I teach Business Admin, Customer Service, Basic IT and Employability and try to bring as much fun and enthusiasm as I can to my lessons to enable people to thrive, reach their potential and really enjoy their learning experience. Outside of work I spend time with my family, pottering in the garden and going for long walks with my two fur babies.
Who Can Attend
You can attend this course if you:
- Are aged 19 years old or over (must have turned 19 by 31st August 2019)
- Have lived in the UK or a European Economic Area (EEA) Member state for the last three years or more or be an Individual or Asylum Seeker with certain types of immigration status*
- Are actively seeking employment and claiming an unemployment benefit of either: Universal Credit, Job Seekers Allowance or Employment Support Allowance (WRAG) **
- OR Must be earning under £16,009.50 annual gross salary and be able to commit to the course.
* Please contact us for further information on immigration status
** Other state benefits may be accepted, please contact us for further information
Book your place
- Call 0345 266 9799
- Speak to your Job Centre Plus Work Coach
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org