Advanced Learner Loans Information sheet
Advance Learner Loans – General Information
If you are aged 19 or over and considering self-financing the QCF Level 4 or QCF Level 6 Diplomas with us at Futures, you might qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan. It is easy to apply for, eligibility does not depend on your income, there are no credit checks involved and you will not have to pay anything back until you are earning over £25,725 a year.
What are Advanced Learner Loans?
Advanced Learner Loans are to help adult learners manage the costs of further education and training in England. These loans cover tuition fees for a range of Level 3 to Level 6 courses including A-levels, vocational qualifications and access to Higher Education diplomas. Futures are able to offer loans linked to our
· QCF Level 4 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development
· QCF Level 6 Diploma in Career Guidance and Development
ü You must be 19 or older on the first day of your course.
ü Your course must be: Level 3,4,6 Qualification
ü At an approved college or training provider in England
ü have been living in the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course and be living in the UK on the first day of your course
ü be a UK national or have ‘settled status’ (this means there are no restrictions on how long you can stay)
How much can I get?
This depends on
· The type of course
· Your course fees
· The maximum loan available for your course
The minimum loan you can get is £300, which is paid directly to Futures however, you do not have to borrow the full cost of your course - you can pay for some of it yourself.
How to apply
· Ask us for a ‘Learning and funding information’ letter - you need this to complete the application. It contains the details about your course. · If you wish to apply online you will need to register first at https://www.gov.uk
· If you wish to apply by post you can download the application form from the website above
· You will get a letter confirming your loan - usually within 2 weeks if you apply online (postal applications take longer).